Solid State Pharma Inc. (SSPI) is a leader in the delivery of crystallization engineering services including screening and selection of polymorphs, co-crystals, salts, and crystallization process development and optimization. SPPI has experienced great success with the workflows that have been developed by combining fundamentals of crystallization and solid form science with years of experience and high throughput techniques. SSPI is conducting research on pharmaceutical crystallization engineering, polymorph screening, salt screening, co-crystal screening, chiral resolution, polymorph quantification, converting amorphous material to crystalline solid, chemical and crystallization process modeling. SSPI is working with a large number of pharmaceutical companies across the globe to help them fully understand the solid state and crystallization of their drug candidates.
About Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax is one of the most beautiful and historic cities in Canada. Located on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, there are numerous parks, campsites, trails and rivers around the city for outdoor activities. City life is also superb. With a population of more than 400,000, Halifax is home to many cultural attractions, museums, art galleries, pubs and clubs. The city hosts three major universities and many community colleges. The beautiful Annapolis valley, which is home to the highest tides in the world, and also mountainous Cape Breton, are within a few hours drive from Halifax. Halifax has one of the mildest winters in Canada as well as one of the most pleasant summers, which you can enjoy on the beautiful water front boardwalk.
The “Business Development Representative” position, reporting to business development manager, is a key contributor to the ongoing operations at SSPI. They are responsible for developing new opportunities and leads for the company, which is an integral part of the sales process. You are often the first point of contact and must communicate the values and capabilities of SSPI clearly while always having a client-first approach. You need to have a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and highly technical environment. This is a great position for those who desire a career in sales.
- Help to grow pipeline of new client opportunities
- Research and compile contacts in various geographical locations
- Provide outstanding client and prospect experience in every interaction
- Contacting various leads to identify needs
- Schedule sales meetings through marketing initiatives
- Develop “out of the box” sales strategies and share findings across the team
- Continually update all marketing materials to best depict SSPI
- Report and provide feedback to management
- Contribute to the accuracy and maintenance of the opportunity pipeline in our CRM system
- Attend client and prospect sales meetings
- Business development trips within North America are expected
- Organizing and implementing trade show appearances
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience
BA or BSc (0-3 years related experience) in business, science, sales, economics, or accounting. Previous experience in industry is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present company are required
- Knowledgeable of sales and marketing techniques
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Experience with Salesforce software is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft office software is a must
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, smell and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to pick up ordinary weights.
Open until filled
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate: firstname.lastname@example.org