Solid State Pharma Inc. (SSPI) is a leader in the delivery of crystallization engineering services including screening and selection of polymorphs, co-crystals, salts, and crystallization process development and optimization. SPPI has experienced great success with the workflows that have been developed by combining fundamentals of crystallization and solid form science with years of experience and high throughput techniques. SSPI is conducting research on pharmaceutical crystallization engineering, polymorph screening, salt screening, co-crystal screening, chiral resolution, polymorph quantification, converting amorphous material to crystalline solid, chemical and crystallization process modeling. SSPI is working with a large number of pharmaceutical companies across the globe to help them fully understand the solid state and crystallization of their drug candidates.
About Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax is one of the most beautiful and historic Canadian cities. Located on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, there are numerous parks, campsites, trails and rivers around the city for outdoor activities. City life is also superb. With a population of more than 400,000, Halifax is home to many cultural attractions, museums, art galleries, pubs and clubs. The city hosts three major universities and many community colleges. The beautiful Annapolis valley, which is home to the highest tides in the world, and also mountainous Cape Breton, are within a few hours drive from Halifax. Halifax has one of the mildest winters in Canada as well as one of the most pleasant summers, which you can enjoy on the beautiful water front boardwalk.
The “Laboratory Analyst” position is a key contributor to the ongoing research at SSPI, performing complex analytical work either directly on behalf of clients, or contributing as part of a team to a larger project. This new role will be central to our operations working with and reporting to either a Senior Scientist or to the Technical Director. The “Laboratory Analyst” will have an opportunity to perform their analytical work with our extensive list of leading-edge equipment. The role will comprise approximately 70-80% hands on lab work.
- Characterize pharmaceutical samples using X-ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermal Gravimetry Analysis (TGA), Karl Fisher (KF) Titration, Liquid Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), Dynamic Vapor Sorption (DVS), Optical and Hot Stage Microscope, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), UV-Vis spectroscopy, Particle Size Analyzer, BET Surface Area Analyzer, HPLC, Gas Chromatography (GC), etc.
- Employ analytical expertise for sample preparation and analysis
- Operate and maintain analytical instruments
- Record all the results in accordance with best practices
- Write high quality weekly and final reports
- Routinely present project results to the team in person and through teleconference
- Follow the safety rules and housekeeping principles to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience
Minimum BSc in chemistry, analytical chemistry or related, with more than 2 years of QC or analytical experience
Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply as the title could be adjusted.
- Laboratory techniques for performing analytical work
- Knowledge of XRPD, DSC, TGA, STDA, SEM, DVS, NMR, HPLC and particle size analyzer is a plus
- Knowledge of chemical/pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) tools is a plus. Specifically, FBRM, React-IR and PVM
- Knowledge of analytical instrument maintenance
- Demonstrated to be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use Microsoft office software is a must
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present the result are required
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, smell and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to pick up ordinary weights.
Open till filled
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate: firstname.lastname@example.org